All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionMartin Benson, after a lifetime away, has made it home to Merseyside, his sherbet lemons all sucked down, his penguins all stripped bare. He's bought a house at the top of his town and filled it with souvenirs of a wandering life. With memories and a stern partner, a motorcycle test examiner, Ted, who tripped over him comatose one dark night on the prom, sensed that Mr Benson was at battle with the bottle, took him to a meeting of QA (Queer Alcoholics) and moved in. After a life spent in the shallows, Benson has come to the point when he must face reality.
- Author BiographyMichael Carson was born in Wallasey in 1946 and raised as a devout Catholic. He studied in Wales and Oxford before teaching English as a Foreign Language for twenty years, mostly in the Arab World. His previous books include the novels Friends and Infidels, Coming Up Roses, Stripping Penguins Bare, Yanking Up The Yo-Yo, Demolishing Babel and The Knight of the Flaming Heart.
- Author(s)Michael Carson
- PublisherCutting Edge Press
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCutting Edge Press
- Weight499 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.