All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionMeasurements, Indicators, and Research Methods for Sustainability presents a thorough and accessible overview of the ways in which sustainability is charted worldwide. Some articles introduce basic concepts, such as quantitative versus qualitative data or the weak versus strong sustainability debate; others examine how indicators in specific areas (climate change and soil conservation, agriculture, and mining) have been applied (or t) to different regions. Research analysts explain the modes and media through which these measurements are broadcast, stressing the importance of developing methods that can be understood by both experts and ordinary citizens. They also examine the process of monitoring, itself a controversial topic affecting national or international policy, law, rules, and regulations.
- Author BiographyIan Spellerberg has long been engaged in the ecological basis of nature conservation. He has also long been involved in treading lightly on the Earth. His business card mentions all the usual things but also his ecological footprint. For many years he was Director of Environmental Sciences at Southampton University where he was central to the establishment and development of one of the first interdisciplinary environmental programmes that was launched after the 1972 Stockholm Earth Summit. His interest in interdisciplinary environmental teaching led to his appointment at Lincoln University (New Zealand) where he is now Professor of Nature Conservation. He teaches sustainability and has also established two jointly taught and jointly awarded masters programmes in sustainability between Lincoln University and two universities in Europe. He has taken a very active role in education for sustainable development in both New Zealand and overseas. As well as research and teaching, he has been central to the establishment of community led initiatives in sustainability.
- PublisherBerkshire Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationGreat Barrington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkshire Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1220 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byIan Spellerberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.