All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy drawing together widely dispersed yet central writings, the Berlin Reader is an essential resource for everyone interested in urban development in one of the most interesting and important metropolises in Europe. It provides scholars as well as students, journalists and visitors with an overview of the most central discussions on the tremendous changes Berlin experienced since the fall of the wall. It covers a wide range of issues, including inner city renewal, housing and the local ecomy, gentrification and other urban conflicts. The book breaks ground in two dimensions: first, by offering also n-German speakers an insight into the very controversial debates after reunification, and, second, by highlighting the ambivalent consequences of Berlin's urban transformation in the past decades.
- Author BiographyMatthias Bernt works as a Senior Researcher at the Leibniz Institute for Regional Development and Structural Planning (IRS) in Erkner. He has published widely on matters of gentrification, urban shrinkage, and local politics. Britta Grell is a political scientist, lecturer and author, based in Berlin and focused on social policies and urban movements. She is an active member of INURA (International Network for Urban Research and Action). Andrej Holm works at the Department of Urban and Regional Sociology at Berlin's Humboldt University. He is a well-known expert on the topic of housing and gentrification, and has published various books on the Right to the City.
- Author(s)Andrej Holm
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight438 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBritta Grell,Matthias Bernt
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.