Berlitz: Cruising and Cruise Ships: 2014 by Berlitz Publishing Company (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.30Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are one of the 20 million people thinking of taking a cruise this year, this best-selling book will show you how to pick the right cruise for you. Updated annually, the 700-page book is divided into two main parts: the first helps you define what you are looking for in a cruise holiday and advises you on how to find it. It provides a wealth of factual information as well as a real insight into life aboard ship and how to get the best from it. We cover safety, dining, entertainment, standards of service and hospitality, money-saving tips, cruising for families, singles, senior citizens and disabled travellers. Specialist cruises are discussed too, such as river cruising, Antarctic explorer vessels, and around-the-world cruises. This unrivalled detail is complemented by a vast number of tables and checklists, colour photographs and maps. The second section contains detailed information on almost 300 ocean-going cruise vessels and evaluates them using an internationally recognised ratings system. With more than 40 years of experience, and spending some 200 days a year aboard cruise ships, Douglas Ward evaluates their facilities, meticulously inspecting each ship. In his quest to bring you the truth about cruising, stone is left unturned, from the fluffiness of the towels to the quality of the china, and from the welcome aboard to the disembarkation process.
- Author BiographyWith more than 40 years of experience, encompassing over 1,000 cruises and more than 6,000 days at sea, Douglas Ward is a leading authority on cruising. He spends some 200 days a year aboard cruise ships, evaluating their facilities, inspecting each ship like a maritime Sherlock Holmes. Facilities count, of course but just as important are the standards of food, service, staff and hospitality. In his quest for the truth about cruising, no stone is left unturned, from the fluffiness of the towels to the quality of the china, and from the welcome aboard to the disembarkation process.
- PublisherBerlitz Publishing Company
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBerlitz Cruise Guide
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerlitz Publishing
- Out-of-print date25/07/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1162 g
- Width154 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
- Edition Statement22nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.