All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionUsing new techniques and new materials, Bernhard Huber creates abstract paintings in glass in large formats that shift on multiple planes between transparency, reflection and opacity. His colours are vibrant and clear. Rarely does he indulge in an opulent riot of colour but instead mainly produces stringent creations table for their cool colour tones. The effects achieved are precisely calculated yet never overwhelmingly so.In this respect, Huber's affinities with Concrete art, with which he also shares some of the formal qualities of his works, are revealed. Glass is for Huber, a pivotal working material yet is t his sole medium. He has made the light-forming properties of glass the core of his artistic agenda, which goes beyond glass as a medium to encompass working in the fields of painting, sculpture and architecture. Colour and light have become his media of choice, with which he forms surfaces and spaces. He reacts sensitively to available architectural situations; his works are 'site-specific' to the utmost yet also stunningly configure the space surrounding them. He never simply makes stained-glass windows - he always forms several visual planes so that the 'window principle' is always extended into the interior space. Thus the glass surface becomes light sculpture and this in turn forms light space.
- Date of Publication15/08/2007
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note152 col.
- Weight1048 g
- Width219 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byM. Wierschowski
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.