All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'If I had a blood test, they'd probably find it was engine oil!' After being expelled from one school too many, Bernie Fineman got a job in a garage when he was thirteen years old. On his first day he hit the foreman across the face with a broom handle. Fifty years later he's still working in garages and still has a fiery temper, as anyone who has tried to cheat a customer or seen one of his many series for Discovery UK and Channel 5 will testify. Not for thing is Bernie called the Original Motor Mouth. Growing up in the post-war East End with a welder for a mother and a bear-knuckle fighter for a father, life was tough in every sense. But as well as toughness, Bernie also inherited a determination and willingness to graft from his parents, and despite leaving school with qualifications Bernie has risen to become one of the most respected and famous mechanics in the UK. This is the remarkable story of fifty years in the motor trade that has seen Bernie go from Kray Twins fixer to becoming indispensable to the Metropolitan Police, via South Africa, Bangladesh, the jungles of Central America and more.Dodgy motors and dodgy characters abound in this rollicking and unlikely ride.
- Author BiographyBERNIE FINEMAN is a master mechanic who has worked for over fifty years in the motor trade. Born in Bow in the East End of London to a bare-knuckle boxer and a welder, Bernie's first job was as a mechanic to the Kray Twins. Now a familiar face on TV owing to programmes such as Classic Car Rescue and Chop Shop, Bernie remains passionate about the motor industry and hates those rogue traders who give it a bad name.
- Author(s)Bernie Fineman
- PublisherJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.