All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.64Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionLos Angeles is home to some of the best paved roads, dirt roads, mountain bike trails, and bike paths. Best Bike Rides Los Angeles describes over forty of the most diverse recreational and scenic rides in the Los Angeles area. With most rides between 3 and 50 miles, ranging in altitude from just above sea level to over 5,600 feet in the San Gabriel Mountains, it's easy to find a ride that suits your tastes.
- Author BiographyWayne D. Cottrell is a civil engineering educator specializing in transportation, and a researcher, author, runner and cyclist. He is a member of the Transportation Research Board's Bicycle Transportation Committee, and has been an active cyclist and member of USA Cycling for 25 years. His bicycle racing resume includes occasional road and mountain bike wins. He won an award for his writing from the National Research Council in 1999. Wayne grew up in the Bay Area, in Oakland, and is very familiar with the region. He bicycled to college, then occasionally to work after graduating, and then for recreation and competition. He can write about bicycling in the region with the knowledge and passion of a local resident. Wayne is the author of Road Biking Utah, a FalconGuide published in 2010; 17 articles on transportation in refereed, technical journals; 30 technical articles in conference proceedings; and a number of transportation research reports. He earned a Ph.D. in transportation engineering from the University of Utah in 1997, and is a registered Traffic Engineer in California. Wayne is a licensed Category 3 and Masters cyclist with USA Cycling. He currently resides in San Clemente, California.
- Author(s)Wayne D. Cottrell
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Series TitleBest Bike Rides Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFalcon Guides
- Content Note45 colour illustrations, 46 maps
- Weight608 g
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.