All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe Best Game Ever is a revealing look at the University of North Carolina Tar Heels' 1956-57 season, one of the most storied in college basketball history. From the first day of practice, when forward Lennie Rosenbluth predicted a winning season, to the final game, a triple-overtime victory over Wilt Chamberlain's legendary Kansas team, the season developed into what many sports historians believe was the start of college basketball hysteria t only on Tobacco Road, but nationwide. The 1956-57 Tar Heels finished a perfect 32-0. The only previous team in Carolina history to achieve perfection was the 1924 team, years before the NCAA Tournament was created.
- Author BiographyAdam Lucas is the publisher of Tar Heel Monthly, America's most widely read magazine devoted to University of North Carolina athletics. He is a featured columnist on TarHeelBlue.com and the author or coauthor of six books on North Carolina basketball, including the program's official chronicle of its first 100 years, Carolina Basketball: A Century of Excellence.
- Author(s)Adam Lucas
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight18 g
- Width137 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byRoy Williams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.