All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe three advanced kata in this book are a challenge to the performer's level of maturity. From the smooth and flowing movements of Gojushiho Dai through the transformations in the equally long Gojushiho Sho to the serene and mellow Meikyo kata, both the techniques learned in the basic kata and more sophisticated tactics call on the deepest reserves of balance, coordination, timing and technical skill.
- Author Biography<strong>MASATOSHI NAKAYAMA</strong> carries on the tradition of his teacher, Gichin Funakoshl, the Father of Modern Karate. Long professor and director of physical education at Takushoku University, his alma mater (1937), he was chief instructor of the Japan Karate Association from 1955 until his death in 1987. A ninth degree black belt and a familiar face at tournaments, he was among the first to send instructors overseas and to encourage the development of karate along scientific lines.
- Author(s)Masatoshi Nakayama
- PublisherKodansha America, Inc
- Date of Publication02/10/2013
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKodansha America, Inc
- Weight317 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.