Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy the mid-fifties, Manchester United had caught the imagination of the country. Duncan Edwards played his first game for the club at the age of 15 in 1953. Two years later he won his first England cap and was referred to as 'the spirit of British football'. Then in February '58 came Munich. Half a decade later George Best represented United reborn: 'El Beatle' of the European Cup in '68; European Player of the Year; and, in the opinion of Pele, the most naturally talented footballer that ever lived. Retired at 27 and reduced to the role of barfly and tabloid perennial - George, where did it all go wrong? Best and Edwards plots the course of two careers unmoored in wildly different ways.
- Author BiographyGordon Burn was born in Newcastle in 1948 and was a sports columnist for Esquire magazine. He is the author of the novels Alma Cogan (winner of the 1992 Whitbread First Novel Prize), Fullalove and The North of England Home Service, alongside his works of non-fiction.
- Author(s)Gordon Burn
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication02/08/2007
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.