All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in 1894 by James Wright Beswick, Beswick Pottery remained in the family for three generations before becoming part of Royal Doulton in 1969, and is w independently owned. As owners and collectors of its products will testify, Beswick aimed, and still aims today, to produce well-made ceramics at affordable prices: wares which could be used daily in the home as well as decorative ornaments for animal lovers of all ages to cherish. In this volume Val Baynton explores the range of products, revealing that far more than horses - for which Beswick was so justifiably famous - were made. The wares are placed in context with the company's history, and information about important sculptors and designers is also included.
- Author BiographyVal Baynton lives near Stoke-on-Trent and is a former curator for Royal Doulton. She has made various appearances on both television and radio to share her knowledge of ceramics and glass.
- Author(s)Val Baynton
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/02/2012
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume Number669
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note10 b/w; 83 col
- Weight148 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.