All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionVery few buildings finish on time or at the right price, and clients often criticise the fact that the finished building is t what they expected. Poor communication between the parties at one or more stages of the construction process seems to be the cause, and improved briefing practice has long been recognised as one important area where such communication could be improved. This book examines the briefing process to understand its strengths and weaknesses and the problems involved, draws on the experience of other disciplines and industries, and identifies best practice and purpose invations in the briefing process. It is strongly industry oriented while drawing on sound research.
- Author BiographyPeter Barrett is Professor Management System in Property and Construction at Salford Universitya s 5 rated Research Centre for the Built and Human Environment. Professor Barrett has specialised in research in areas such as practice management, facilities management, quality, health and safety, environmental management, briefing and innovation. He is Coordinator of Working Commission 65 (Organisation and Management of Construction) of the Conseil International du Batiment. Catherine Stanley is a researcher at Salford University at the Research Center for the Built and Human Environment her research includes construction briefing and facilities management. She trained as an architect at Oxford Brookes University.
- Author(s)Catherine A. Stanley,Peter Barrett
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/07/1999
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Science Ltd
- Content Note30 illustrations
- Weight468 g
- Width189 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.