All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe number of Australian women having a baby later in life has tripled in the past 30 years and births to women over 40 have doubled in the past decade. Later life mothers are also the fastest growing demographic in Britain and the US and one quarter of Australian women who have a baby later, are doing so for the very first time. Serena's own Better Late Than Never Baby (a son) was born when she was 43. This books shares the story of the incredible odds he defied to get here and the unimaginable adventure that mid-life motherhood created. If you're about to become an older mother or in a position to support a new mid-life mum, this is the book for you. Thought-provoking and with splashes of humour, this invaluable resource covers a range of topics and tackles some questions that are highly relevant to later life mothers. * How will my age impact on my pregnancy and my baby? * Are all the medical risks relevant to me? * Will I find it harder to adjust? * What can I expect regarding fatigue and how can I reduce it? * Does my child need a sibling? * What about the MAD (Mature Age Dad)? This book is extensively researched, filled with valuable contributions from other older mothers, and brimming with practical, fresh and insightful advice. Reading Serena's book was like having a conversation with a very good friend. I recommend it to all older women who are childbearing and to their support network. I also recommend it to health care professionals caring for such women, and their families, as it provides a view to the 'lived experience' as well as points you in the direction of evidence to support the care you provide. Dr Ravani Duggan, RM, RN, PhD. First-time mother at (nearly) 42.
- Author(s)Serena Kirby
- PublisherSerena Kirby
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationW.A.
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSerena Kirby
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight205 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.