All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionDR. DANIELLE MARTIN see the challenges in our health care system every day. As a family doctor and a hospital vice president, she observes how those deficiencies adversely affect patients. And as a health policy expert, she kws how to close those gaps. A passionate believer in the value of fairness that underpins the Canadian health care system, Dr. Martin is on a mission to improve medicare. In <i>Better Now</i>, she shows how bold fixes are both achievable and affordable. Her patients stories and her own family s experiences illustrate the evidence she presents about what works best to improve health care for all. <i>Better Now</i> outlines Six Big Ideas to bolster Canada s health care system. Each one is centred on a typical Canadian patient, making it clear how close to home these issues strike. . Ensure every Canadian has regular access to a family doctor or other primary care provider . Bring prescription drugs under medicare . Reduce unnecessary tests and interventions . Reorganize health care delivery to reduce wait times and improve quality . Implement a basic income guarantee to alleviate poverty, which is a major threat to health . Scale up successful local invations to a national level Passionate, accessible, and authoritative, Dr. Martin is a fervent supporter of the best of medicare and a persuasive critic of what needs fixing.
- Author BiographyDR. DANIELLE MARTIN, MD, CCFP, FCFP, MPP, is a family physician in Toronto and Vice President of Medical Affairs and Health System Solutions at Women's College Hospital. She teaches family medicine and health care policy at the University of Toronto and is a leader in the debate about the future of health care in Canada. In her first year of practice, she helped launch Canadian Doctors for Medicare to promote a high quality, equitable, and sustainable health system. She was named Canada's 8th most powerful doctor by<i>The Medical Post</i>in 2015 and is a regular contributor to CBC-TV's<i>The National</i>. She writes a monthly column for<i>Chatelaine</i>.
- Author(s)Danielle Martin
- PublisherAllen Lane
- Date of Publication10/01/2017
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllen Lane
- Weight485 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.