All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA revolution is sweeping through the homes, offices, and salons of black American women. Relaxers are out. Weaves are so yesterday. Tired of the expense and damage of chemical treatments and artificial enhancers, women of color are going natural thanks to Nikki Walton of CurlyNikki.com, the natural hair blogger and expert on online hair therapy. In Better Than Good Hair , this gifted curl whisperer educates women on how to transition from relaxed to completely natural hair, with advice and styles for every length, from fierce braid-n-curls to fancy faux buns. She also counsels those considering the big chop-cutting it all off at once to sport a bold and beautiful teeny weeny afro a la Viola Davis and Esperanza Spalding. Here, too, is essential guidance for parents of mixed-race children dealing with new and unfamiliar hair textures and styles. Combining her expansive kwledge with tips from other experts in the field, Better Than Good Hair is full of indispensable information, including: Product recommendations; Home haircare recipes; Advice on how to manage natural hair for children; How to Henna gray hair; Illustrations/step-by-step directions for nearly two dozen hairdos from Frohawks to twist-outs; advice for dealing with detractors. Featuring over 100 black-and-white photographs and line-drawings, and with a foreword by Kim Wayans, Better Than Good Hair is a must-have natural hair care bible that will help women of all ages and styles achieve their natural beauty.
- Author BiographyNikki Walton is a licensed psychotherapist with a master's degree in psychology from the University of North Carolina and the founder of CurlyNikki.com. Born in St. Louis, she now resides in Pennsylvania. Coauthor Ernessa T. Carter, a graduate of Smith College with an master of fine arts from Carnegie Mellon, is the author of the novel 32 Candles and the founding editor of FierceandNerdy.com. She lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Ernessa T. Carter,Nikki Walton
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication18/02/2013
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmistad Press
- Content Note100 Black and White Photos and Line Drawings
- Weight417 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.