Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionIn an age that mashes internet porn with Tinder and arranged marriage, in an age in which everything (sexuality, gender, consent) seems fluid, what does the landscape of love look like, really? And how are the seismic jolts in the ways we negotiate sex and romance affecting women? In the third book in Samantha Treweth's series of essays by contemporary women, contributors ask whether the Tinderverse has killed romance; are women, who are increasingly powerful in all sorts of areas of their lives, more or less empowered in their personal relationships than they were a decade ago; and do women actually have more choices or fewer? Better than Sex assembles impressions of the contemporary love landscape, from outspoken, witty, provocative writers, including Roxane Gay, Zan Rowe, Emily Maguire, Jamila Rizvi, Lucy Le Masurier, Susan Chenery, Rosie Waterland, Fiona McGregor, Rachel Hills, Zoe Norton Lodge, Van Badham and Ann Friedman.
- Author BiographyFor the past thirty years, Samantha Trenoweth has worked as a journalist, author and editor in book and magazine publishing, online and also in radio. She has written, co-written and edited seven books and edited more than a dozen magazines. She has written for the Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian, The Saturday Paper, The Guardian, Q and Rolling Stone, among others, and has worked at the ABC. Her books include Jenny Kee: A Big Life, The Future of God (interviews with prominent religious thinkers), 1001 Australians (with Toby Creswell), Bewitched & Bedevilled: Women Write the Gillard Years (ed.) and Fury: Women write about sex, power and violence (ed.).
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content NoteText only
- Weight240 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited bySamantha Trenoweth
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.