All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $18.21Trending at AU $22.12
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Zara Rubens is suddenly widowed, she decides to take control of her life and visit Palestine. Zara creates a new life for herself in nineteenth-century Jerusalem. She becomes acquainted with such legendary figures as British Consul James Finn and his fascinating wife Elizabeth, Reverend Conrad Schick, and the rewned painter William Holman-Hunt. As a writer for the nascent New York Times, Zara becomes embroiled in a precarious situation at the Russian Compound with surprising discoveries. Over a century later, New York museum curator Rebecca Silver inherits her great-aunt's diaries. She becomes fascinated by Zara's activities. But as she delves into Zara's life, she discovers that there was more to her aunt than meets the eye and more to Rebecca herself, if she is willing to search within. An historical vel of mystery, intrigue ...and discovery.
- Author BiographySue Kerman is a Jerusalem educator born in Winnipeg, Canada. She has lived in Jerusalem for forty-three years and has worked in English education for thirty of those years. Until recently she taught English literature at the David Yellin College in Jerusalem. She has also written over twenty EFL textbooks and readers for second-language English teaching for both local and foreign EFL publishers.
- Author(s)Sue Kerman
- PublisherGefen Publishing House
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintGefen Publishing House
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width145 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.