All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book sheds new light on the relationship between conservative Christianity and Hollywood through a case study of Walden Media, which produced <i>The Chronicles of Narnia</i> franchise. Financed by a conservative Christian, Walden Media is a unique American company producing educational and family-friendly films with inspiring, moral, redemptive and uplifting stories. However, there is more to Walden than meets the eye and the company reflects wider trends within contemporary American society. Drawing on film industry data, film study guides and marketing campaigns targeting mainstream and conservative Christian audiences in the United States and abroad, this book reflects on Walden Media's first ten years of activity as well as on the relationship between Hollywood and conservative Christians, tably evangelicals, at the dawn of the twenty-first century. Though both worlds are still wary of one ather, this study shows that Walden Media films, and particularly <i>The Chronicles of Narnia</i> franchise, have tread a workable path between Hollywood and Godlywood, albeit within the constraints of the w global film business.
- Author BiographyNathalie Dupont is Associate Professor in American Studies at the Universite du Littoral Cote d'Opale, France. Her research focuses on the relationship between cinema and society in the United States. She has published articles on the Hollywood film industry and coedited an issue of InMedia titled Cinema and Marketing (April 2013). She co-founded the research group CinEcoSA (http://www.cinecosa.com), which brings together academics working on the cinema and television industries in English-speaking countries.
- Author(s)Nathalie Dupont
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note5, Figures, Tables
- Weight510 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byTerry Lindvall
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.