Between Literature and Science: Poe, Lem, and Explorations in Aesthetics, Cognitive Science, and Literary Knowledge by Peter Swirski (Paperback, 2001)
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.74
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.72
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionIn Between Literature and Science Peter Swirski examines the true intellectual scope of Edgar Allan Poe and Stanislaw Lem. His analysis of Poe's little-studied Eureka provides the basis for his discussion of Lem's critique of scientific reductionism and futurological forecasts. Swirski shows that Poe and Lem propose far-reaching hypotheses in aesthetics, epistemology, cognitive science and philosophy of science as well as in cosmology, artificial intelligence and futurology.
- Author(s)Peter Swirski
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.