All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.69
About this product
- DescriptionMaggie Helwig's stunning British debut is an extraordinary war vel, a poignant and gripping story about the ripples that carry on long after the fighting is over, and about two people kept apart by history, ethics and human frailty. Daniel is a war correspondent in Bosnia, a loner and a truthteller, up to a point, careless with everything except his sources. Lili is an interpreter, based in Paris, careful and meticulous. But when she finds herself working for the war crimes tribunal in The Hague, fails to declare her fragile relationship with Daniel. Between Mountains is a compelling vel of immediacy and power, about love and language, truth and lies, war crimes and the weight of history - with a vividly evoked and frighteningly real supporting cast of war criminals, lawyers, refugees and journalists.
- Author BiographyBorn in Liverpool, Maggie Helwig grew up in London and Kingston, Ontario, and now lives in Toronto. A writer and poet, she has worked as a music journalist, and an international human rights advocate, and travelled in Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and elsewhere in Europe, as well as South America. She is married with one daughter.
- Author(s)Maggie Helwig
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/05/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight230 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.