All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
- AU $36.15Trending at AU $37.50
About this product
- Description...a rich, complex, authoritative, scholarly survey of Germany's socialist heritage. - The Midwest Book Review Can twenty-three essays present the history of German socialism and communism, as well as those movements' members, supporters, and policies in the context of social history? This fine collection comes close to achieving that difficult task ...A very high quality work. - Central European History Certainly the best collection of essays on the SPD and KPD ...The editors and contributors ...have provided fresh intrepretations ...and have set a high standard for present and future scholars. - H-Net Reviews The powerful impact of Socialism and Communism on modern German history is the theme which is explored by the contributors to this volume. Whereas previous investigations have tended to focus on political, intellectual and biographical aspects, this book captures, for the first time, the methodological and thematic diversity and richness of current work on the history of the German working class and the political movements that emerged from it. Based on original contributions from US, British, and German scholars, this collection address a wide range of themes and problems. David E. Barclay is Professor of History and Director of the Center for Western European Studies, Kalamazoo College. Eric D. Weitz is Professor of History at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
- Author BiographyDavid E. Barclay is Professor of History and Director of the Center for Western European Studies at Kalamazoo College. Eric D. Weitz is Associate Professor at the Department of History at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
- PublisherBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication04/10/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationHerndon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight682 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDavid E. Barclay,Eric D. Weitz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.