All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an edited and antated translation of Tarikh-i-Yusufi by Yusuf Khan Kambalposh (c. 1830-90) who travelled to several places in rth Africa and Europe. Translated for the first time from Urdu to English, it describes in detail the socio-ecomic conditions of Europe and contrasts it with the conditions in areas under European control. By highlighting this duality of approach with respect to the colonies, this translation reverses the gaze and exposes the reader to a n-European perception of the imperial world. With descriptions touching upon a wide array of subjects such as racial tions of civility, physical features of the natives, merits of different religions, reflections on sciences, and the relevance of museums and collections, it provides pertinent insights into contemporary religious practices, power relations, and the prevalent socio-cultural rms. The editor's introduction and antations in the text systematically contextualize the information and highlights its significance in the corpus of travel literature.
- Author BiographyMushirul Hasan is former professor of history, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. Nishat Zaidi is professor of English, Department of English, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Author(s)Mushirul Hasan,Nishat Zaidi,Yusuf Khan Kambalposh
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Weight386 g
- Width149 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.