Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- Description[The] unchallenged king of the comic Southern short story. -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution George Singleton writes about the rural South without sentimentality or stereotype but with plenty of sharp-witted humor. . . . A raconteur of trends, counter-trends, obsessions and odd characters. --NPR Morning Edition Thank God for George Singleton, who makes us laugh and makes us think. -- The Times-Picayune There's a place just down the way where a trip to the salvage yard reveals infidelity and theft. There's ather where an unlicensed entomologist celebrates his freedom with a compulsive liar while a manhunt ensues on the streets outside. Places where a con man and his nephew sell stolen parachutes to veterans in case the ground beneath them should suddenly give way and where Chuck Norris's face graces only the walls of the finest trailers. A place where tongues get left in rental cars and a place where everyone insists an absolute stranger is your boyhood friend.Between Wrecks takes readers on a raucous bar crawl through an America both startlingly familiar and hilariously absurd, examining paraia, fear, relentless truths, longstanding personal habits gone awry, and what it means to look toward a horizon that may or may t be a mirage.George Singleton is the author of two vels and five short story collections, including Stray Decorum. A 2013 SIBA Book Award finalist, his work has appeared in Atlantic Monthly, Harper's Magazine, and Playboy. A former Guggenheim Fellow, he was awarded the Hillsdale Award for Fiction by the Fellowship of Southern Writers in 2011. He holds an MFA degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and currently teaches writing at South Carolina Goverr's School for the Arts and Humanities. He lives in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
- Author BiographyGeorge Singleton is the author of two novels and five short story collections, including Stray Decorum. A 2013 SIBA Book Award Finalist, his work has appeared in The Atlantic Monthly, Harper's, and Playboy. A former Guggenheim Fellow, he was awarded the Hillsdale Award for Fiction by The Fellowship of Southern Writers in 2011. He holds an MFA degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and currently teaches writing at South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts & Humanities. He currently lives in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
- Author(s)George Singleton
- PublisherDzanc Books
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDzanc Books
- Weight340 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.