All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor many, a rare day goes by in which the need to blame does t arise-be it to cover one's own errors or just to assign an unfortunate event some kind of name (i.e., If only X hadn't said X, we wouldn't be in this mess. ) And even for those who are somewhat better at keeping the impulse in check-it is still there. According to psychologist Carl Alasko, blame is such an intrinsic part of how we humans communicate that we rarely take a look at what we're actually doing-and how it can affect our relationships. In this book, Alasko reveals that the need to assign blame when something bad happens stems from a very deep desire we all share to see justice done. Understandable when a grave crime has been committed, but it can become a dangerous habit if we begin to operate as though placing blame were somehow necessary if we want to change something or someone in our world. Yet this feeling that someone has to pay is seldom productive in initiating positive change. In BEYOND BLAME, Alasko teaches readers to recognize the destruction that blame causes in their lives-oftentimes without their even being aware-and to put an end to it once and for all. The path to eliminating blame is t a quick or easy one but, as Carl Alasko demonstrates, it is a road that must be travelled if we hope to achieve true peace in our lives.
- Author BiographyCarl Alasko, PH.D., has been a practicing psychotherapist specializing in couples and families for more than twenty years and is the author of Emotional Bullshit. For the past thirteen years, he has written the popular weekly advice column On Relationships for the Monterey County Herald. He lives in Monterey, California.
- Author(s)Carl Alasko
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJeremy P Tarcher
- Weight400 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.