All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis text describes vel treatments of quantum problems using enhanced quantization procedures. When treated conventionally, certain systems yield trivial and unacceptable results. This book describes enhanced procedures, generally involving extended correspondence rules for the association of a classical and a quantum theory, which, when applied to such systems, yield ntrivial and acceptable results. The text begins with a review of classical mechanics, Hilbert space, quantum mechanics, and scalar quantum field theory. Next, analytical skills are further developed, a special class of models is studied, and a discussion of continuous and discontinuous perturbations is presented. Later chapters cover two further classes of models both of which entail discontinuous perturbations. The final chapter offers a brief summary, concluding with a conjecture regarding interacting covariant scalar quantum field theories. Symmetry is repeatedly used as a tool to help develop solutions for simple and complex problems alike. Challenging exercises and detailed references are included.
- Author(s)John R. Klauder
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/11/1999
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 b/w illus.
- Weight740 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.