All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the 1960s, Leatrice and Melvin Eagle have acquired decorative arts of the highest quality, beginning with contemporary ceramics and then expanding to works in other mediums produced from the 1940s to the present. Although primarily American in scope, their collection also encompasses significant pieces by acclaimed international artists. This book presents, for the first time, key highlights from the Eagle collection, which was acquired by the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, in 2010. At the core of the collection are stunning examples of ceramics by groundbreaking California-based artists, such as Robert Arneson, Ralph Bacerra, Viola Frey, David Gilhooly, Ron Nagle, Ken Price, Adrian Saxe, and Peter Voulkos. Also included is furniture by Wendell Castle and Sam Maloof; textile and fiber art by Olga de Amaral, John Garrett, John McQueen, and Cynthia Schira; and jewelry and metalwork by William Harper, Albert Paley, Earl Pardon, and Joyce J. Scott. This catalogue features works by about 40 key artists and an illustrated checklist of about 170 objects in the collection.
- Author BiographyCindi Strauss is assistant director, programming, and curator of modern and contemporary decorative arts and design, the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
- Author(s)Cindi Strauss
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication02/05/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleMuseum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight798 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.