Beyond Democracy: Why Democracy Does Not Lead to Solidarity, Prosperity and Liberty But to Social Conflict, Runaway Spending and a Tyrannical Government by Frank Karsten, Karel Beckman (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.03+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionJust finished reading the thing. Fantastic. Great work. Congratulations. Hans-Hermann Hoppe, author of 'Democracy: The God That Failed' This book has massive explanatory power. It can liberate your mind. Jeffrey Tucker, executive editor of Laissez Faire Books Democracy is widely considered to be the best political system imaginable. Indeed, it is exaggeration to say that democracy has become a secular religion. The largest political faith on earth. To criticize the democratic ideal is to risk being regarded an enemy of civilized society. Yet that is precisely what Karel Beckman and Frank Karsten propose to do. In this provocative and highly readable book, they tackle the last political taboo: the idea that our salvation lies in democracy. With simple, straightforward arguments they show that democracy, in contrast to popular belief, does t lead to freedom, civilization, prosperity, peace, and the rule of law, but the opposite: to loss of freedom, social conflict, runaway government spending, a lower standard of living and the subversion of individual rights. They debunk 13 great myths with which democracy is usually defended. What is more, they offer an appealing alternative: a society based on individual freedom and voluntary social relations. Do you wonder why government keeps growing bigger and the public debt keeps getting higher, while your freedom and prosperity look ever more threatened? After reading his book, you won't wonder anymore - you kw why it is happening and what can be done about it. Beyond Democracy is a groundbreaking and fascinating book for everyone who wants to better understand current social problems and the ecomic crisis. More info on beyonddemocracy.net
- Author BiographyKarel Beckman is a writer and journalist. He is chief editor of the online medium Energy Post (energypost.eu). Before that he worked as journalist at the Dutch financial newspaper Financieele Dagblad. His personal website is www.charlieville.nl. Frank Karsten is founder of Mises Institute Netherlands and Stichting Meer Vrijheid (More Freedom Foundation), two Dutch libertarian organizations which act to reduce taxes and government intervention. He regularly appears in public to speak against the growing interference of the State in the lives of citizens. www.mises.nl.
- Author(s)Frank Karsten,Karel Beckman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.