All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume introduces a new conception of political education and new roles for headteachers and parents in the creation of a more democratic educational system. The book proposes curbing the power of teachers, including headteachers, stripping parents of their rights, and making political education the keystone of education. It considers what kind of educational strategies would be appropriate to help move a society like our own towards greater democracy, in the light of a co-ordinated set of proposals about the democratic organization of political decision-making, and the development of democratic attitudes, tably fraternity. All this is underpinned by a radical analysis of basic democratic principles and assumptions, and a fundamental critique of the power-sharing machinery of such contemporary democratic societies as the UK and USA.
- Author(s)Patricia White
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/07/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight249 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.