All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond Equilibrium Thermodynamics fills a niche in the market by providing a comprehensive introduction to a new, emerging topic in the field. The importance of n--equilibrium thermodynamics is addressed in order to fully understand how a system works, whether it is in a biological system like the brain or a system that develops plastic. In order to fully grasp the subject, the book clearly explains the physical concepts and mathematics involved, as well as presenting problems and solutions; over 200 exercises and answers are included. Engineers, scientists, and applied mathematicians can all use the book to address their problems in modelling, calculating, and understanding dynamic responses of materials.
- Author BiographyHANS CHRISTIAN OTTINGER is Professor of Polymer Physics and a former chairman of the materials science department at the ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology). He has over two decades experience as a teacher and researcher in physics and polymer science. In addition, he holds memberships in the American, British, and German Societies of Rheology, the German Physical Society, and the Swiss Rheology and Polymer Groups. He also serves on the editorial boards for Applied Rheology, Journal of Rheology, and Multiscale Modeling and Simulation.
- Author(s)Hans Christian Ottinger
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/03/2005
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight1068 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.