All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume develops new strategies for reading, contextualizing, and interpreting the long Chinese tradition of women's biography. Drawing upon a vast array of sources - from formal biography to poetry, letters, and oral interviews - the authors examine how women's biography served particular cultural, political, and world-making projects, and how it illuminates these projects in new ways by highlighting tensions within and between them.
- Author BiographyJoan Judge is a professor of history and humanities at York University. Hu Ying is a professor of East Asian languages and literatures at the University of California, Irvine.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on Chinese Culture and Society
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note18 b/w photographs
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJoan Judge,Ying Hu
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.