Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond the <i>His Dark Materials</i> series lies a vast fictional realm populated by the many diverse character creations of Philip Pullman. During a more than 30-year career, Pullman has created worlds filled with quests, trials, tragedies and triumphs, and this book explores those worlds. The picture books, vellas and vels written for children, adolescents and adults are analyzed through the themes of incence and experience. The journeys Pullman sets his characters on teach them that one must embrace change, loss and suffering to grow in wisdom and grace.
- Author Biography<b>Susan Redington Bobby</b> is an associate professor of English at Wesley College. She is the editor of <i>Fairy Tales Reimagined: Essays on New Retellings</i> (McFarland, 2009), the author of <i>Beyond His Dark Materials: Innocence and Experience in the Fiction of Philip Pullman</i> (McFarland 2012), and the author of a critical essay in the <i>His Dark Materials Casebook</i> (Palgrave 2014).
- Author(s)Susan Redington Bobby
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.