All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough knowledge management (KM) has already helped numerous organizations achieve competitive advantages, many organizations have yet to embark on their knowledge management journey. Geared for executives and senior managers, Beyond Knowledge Management: What Every Leader Should Know is concise and easy-to-read. It looks at 10 areas where organizations can gain competitive advantage. It shows you how to make better decisions, avoid knowledge loss, and maximize the intellectual assets of your organization. Edited by Jay Liebowitz-who is among the top 10 KM researchers/practitioners worldwide-the book examines key areas that can add value to your organization. Each chapter opens with an introduction to one of these promising areas, followed by case studies from industry, government, and not-for-profits. The case studies demonstrate how leaders at organizations such as The Coca-Cola Company, e-Bay, PricewaterhouseCoopers, University of Maryland University College, Northrop Grumman, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services have used the concepts discussed in the book to improve decision making. The distinguished contributors from these organizations explain how to use information and decision technologies, strategic intelligence, e-learning, human capital, innovation, globalization, and relationships, to improve operations and achieve an advantage over your competitors. The powerful approaches described in this book will not only help you preserve your most valued intellectual assets but also infuse the vitality and creativity your organization will need to stay one step ahead of the competition.
- Author BiographyDr. Jay Liebowitz is the Orkand Endowed Chair of Management and Technology in the Graduate School of Management & Technology at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC). He previously served as a professor in the Carey Business School at Johns Hopkins University. He is ranked one of the top 10 knowledge management researchers/practitioners out of 11,000 worldwide, and was ranked number two worldwide in knowledge management strategy according to the January 2010 Journal of Knowledge Management. At Johns Hopkins University, he was the founding program director for the Graduate Certificate in Competitive Intelligence and the capstone director of the MS-Information and Telecommunications Systems for Business Program, where he engaged over 30 organizations in industry, government, and not-for-profits in capstone projects. Prior to joining Hopkins, Dr. Liebowitz was the first knowledge management officer at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. Before NASA, Dr. Liebowitz was the Robert W. Deutsch Distinguished Professor of Information Systems at the University of Maryland-Baltimore County, Professor of Management Science at George Washington University, and Chair of Artificial Intelligence at the U.S. Army War College. Dr. Liebowitz is the founder and editor-in-chief of Expert Systems with Applications: An International Journal (published by Elsevier), which was ranked number one worldwide in the operations research/management science category according to the 2008 Thomson Impact Factors. He is a Fulbright Scholar, IEEE-USA Federal Communications Commission Executive Fellow, and Computer Educator of the Year (International Association for Computer Information Systems (IACIS)). In 2011, the annual Jay Liebowitz Outstanding Student Research Award was established through IACIS. He has published over 40 books and myriad journal articles on knowledge management, intelligent systems, and IT management. His most recent books are Knowledge Retention: Strategies and Solutions (Taylor & Francis, 2009), Knowledge Management in Public Health (Taylor & Francis, 2010), and Knowledge Management and E-Learning (Taylor & Francis, 2011). He has lectured and consulted worldwide.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJay Liebowitz
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.