All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond Lisbon: A European Strategy for Globalisation is the product of six months' work and extensive Europewide consultations within the framework of a mission entrusted to Laurent Cohen-Tanugi by the French government ahead of France's presidency of the European Union. It provides the first assessment of the Lisbon strategy - generally presented as the European response to globalisation - established at the initiative of a Member State since its 2005 relaunch, as well as an analysis of the new challenges and opportunities facing the EU in the years to come. Against that background, the Cohen-Tanugi report demonstrates that in spite of its merits, the Lisbon strategy longer represents a sufficient European response to globalisation t only because of its intrinsic shortcomings, but also because it constitutes solely an internal reform agenda designed to adapt the European ecomies and societies to globalisation without attempting to influence it. The report advocates a more ambitious strategy beyond 2010 that includes, along with a more effective invation-based competitiveness agenda ( Lisbon Plus ), an external dimension based on common policies to help Europe shape globalisation and stay in the race in the 21<UP>st century's global ecomy. Following the mission's interim recommendation, the European Council of March 2008 has officially launched the reflection on a post-Lisbon globalisation strategy. As a pioneer, substantive contribution to this exercise, the Cohen-Tanugi report has been met with significant interest throughout the EU since its delivery to the French government, and is likely to influence future EU policy in this critical area.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Laurent Cohen-Tanugi is a Paris-based international corporate lawyer and a recognised expert and consultant on European affairs and international relations. He has published several influential books, including, most recently, The Shape of the World to Come: Charting the Geopolitics of a New Century (Columbia University Press, New York, July 2008). He is a regular columnist for Le Monde and Les Echos and sits on the boards of several international think tanks.
- Author(s)Laurent Cohen-Tanugi
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Note82, 21 tables and 61 graphs
- Weight450 g
- Width220 mm
- Height150 mm
- Foreword byXavier Bertrand,Christine Legarde
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.