All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this original book, B. Kumaravadivelu presents a macrostrategic framework designed to help both beginning and experienced teachers develop a systematic, coherent, and personal theory of practice. His book provides the tools a teacher needs in order to self-observe, self-analyze, and self-evaluate his or her own teaching acts. The framework consists of ten macrostrategies based on current theoretical, empirical, and experiential kwledge of second language and foreign language teaching. These strategies enable teachers to evaluate classroom practices and to generate techniques and activities for realizing teaching goals. With checklists, surveys, projects, and reflective tasks to encourage critical thinking, the book is both practical and accessible. Teachers and future teachers, researchers, and teacher educators will find the volume indispensable.
- Author BiographyB. Kumaravadivelu is professor of applied linguistics and TESOL at San Jose State University.
- Author(s)B. Kumaravadivelu
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2003
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleYale Language Series
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.