All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionAstrid Lindgren, author of the famed Pippi Longstocking vels, is perhaps one of the most significant children's authors of the last half of the twentieth century. In this collection contributors consider films, music, and picturebooks relating to Lindgren, in addition to the author's reception internationally. Touching on everything from the Astrid Lindgren theme park at Vimmerby, Sweden to the hidden folk songs in Lindgren's works to the use of stalgia in film adaptations of Lindgren's vels, this collection offers an important international and intermedial portrait of Lindgren research today.
- Author BiographyBettina Kummerling-Meibauer is Professor in the German Department at the University of Tubingen. In 2010 she held the position of guest professor in memory of Astrid Lindgren at Linnaeus-University of Kalmar/Vaxjo, Sweden. She was also one of the advisory editors for The Oxford Encyclopedia of Children's Literature. Astrid Surmatz is tenured Assistant Professor in Swedish and Scandinavian Literature at the University of Amsterdam. In 2008 she was guest professor in memory of Astrid Lindgen at Linnaeus-University of KalmarVaxjo/, Sweden, where she continues as a visiting professor. She wrote her dissertation on Astrid Lindgren's Pippi Longstocking in various translations and is works currently on Linnaeus.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white halftones
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAstrid Surmatz,Bettina Kummerling-Meibauer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.