All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking a broad approach, Beyond Quality in Early Childhood Education and Care relates issues of early childhood to the sociology of childhood, philosophy, ethics, political science and other fields and to an analysis of the world we live in today. It places these issues in a global context and draws on work from Canada, Sweden and Italy, including the world famous nurseries in Reggio Emilia. Working with postmodern ideas, this book questions the search to define and measure quality in the early childhood field and its tendency to reduce philosophical issues of value to purely technical and managerial issues of expert kwledge and measurement. With a brand new Preface to this classic text, the authors argue that there are other ways than the 'discourse of quality' for understanding and evaluating early childhood pedagogical work and relate these to alternative ways of understanding early childhood itself and the purposes of early childhood institutions.
- Author BiographyGunilla Dahlberg is Professor at the Institute of Education, Stockholm, Sweden. Peter Moss is Emeritus Professor of Early Childhood Provision at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK. Alan Pence is Professor at the School of Child and Youth Care, University of Victoria, Canada.
- Author(s)Alan R. Pence,Gunilla Dahlberg,Peter Moss
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2013
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.58
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.