All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.96Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe failure of current policy to address important quality of life issues for urban youth remains a substantial barrier to civic participation, educational equity, and healthy adulthood. This volume brings together the work of leading urban youth scholars to highlight the detrimental impact of zero tolerance policies on young people's educational experience and well being. Inspired by the conviction that urban youth have the right to more equitable educational and social resources and political representation, Beyond Resistance! offers new insights into how to increase the effectiveness of youth development and education programs, and how to create responsive youth policies at the local, state, and federal level.
- Author BiographyPedro Noguera is Professor at the Steinhardt School of Education at New York University. Julio Cammarota is an assistant professor in the Bureau of Applied Research in Anthropology and the Mexican-American Studies & Research Center at the University of Arizona. Shawn Ginwright is an Assistant Professor of Sociology and Ethnic Studies at Santa Clara University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCritical Youth Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJulio Cammarota,Pedro A. Noguera,Shawn Ginwright
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.