All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by the editor of the world's largest Cuban music website, www.timba.com, and the author of the popular Tomas Cruz Conga Method, Beyond Salsa Pia is a series of method books and historical/discographical guides chronicling the role of the pia in Cuban music. After the 5 introductory volumes, Volume 8 is the third of a series of books on specific Cuban pianists, using te-for-te transcriptions from MIDI files. Ivan Melon Lewis is one of the greatest timba pianists, having recorded and played with The Issac Delgado Group and Malin, el Medico de la Salsa.
- Author BiographyKevin Moore is the editor of the world's largest Cuban music website, www.timba.com, and the author of the popular Tomas Cruz Conga Method, a 3-volume series published by Mel Bay Publications, available on amazon.com, and used as textbook at various colleges and educational institutions. Kevin also produced, co-wrote, and played on the salsa CD Salsa Gitana, available at latinpulsemusic.com. The CD reached the semi-final level in the 1998 Grammy Award process. The author has also written several online books on various aspects of Cuban music, available for free as a public service on www.timba.com.
- Author(s)Kevin Moore
- Date of Publication09/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Photographer(s)Tom Ehrlich
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.