All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionThe Poor and poverty-related issues and questions are in vogue. Humanitarianism is in. Yet so many mouths are hungry and poor - even more hunger than never. What is responsible? Aren't there eugh theories to end poverty like that of Jeffery Sachs: The End of Poverty. How we can make it happen in our Lifetime? Or those of Dambisa Moyo and others? Are resources t really eugh and those directly concerned t doing eugh in doling out help? Are we t donating eugh? This author has x-rayed the theories of poverty and world poverty in particular through the purview of Jeffery Sachs. The author discovered that we need to go beyond witnessing today in order to really make true and lasting impact on the lives of humans. As he suggests through a combination of what he calls the Christian Metannarrative hermeneutics and the Mother Teresa of Calcutta model: We are called to live the love of God, t to feel the love of God. We live this love through prayer and action. Our work is the fruit of our prayer, so that if our work is t going well, we must examine our prayer life. If we neglect our work or are harsh, proud, moody, and angry, then we should examine our prayer life. We will see that something has gone wrong there.
- Author BiographyPeter Chidi Okuma is a priest of the diocese of Orlu (Nigeria). He holds a Diploma with Distinction in Freelance and Feature Writing in Journalism from The London School of Journalism (UK). He also holds three Masters degrees in Religious Studies, Education/Psychology, and Theology from the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium) where he obtained a certified doctoral training in Theology in 2005. He proceeded to obtain a doctorate in Theology at the LMU Munich (Germany) and a second doctorate in Social Science at the Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas in Rome. He has authored many national and international books and articles.
- Author(s)Peter Chidi Okuma
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication03/09/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight220 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.