All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionUntil the age of four, Irene Sw lived happily with her mother and gentle, doting grandparents. The return of her father, a rough and tough soldier, at the close of World War II set the stage for rebellion and dissention in her young life. He was a strict disciplinarian, and she resented his authority from the outset. What's more his arrival introduced her to the baser emotions of jealousy and hatred, which were previously beyond her ken as the reigning princess in Grandma's house. As she grew older, her life became a search to regain the pedestal she lost, matter what it took. As a young woman, she fell in love with a married German and had his child out of wedlock. Aware of her father's deep and abiding enmity for the enemy, she reveled in his displeasure; he in turn vowed to disown his grandchild. Irene's seven-year love affair ended with her marriage to a Canadian widower, but her wedding was closely followed by a tragedy that ignited her darker emotions and eventually brought her to a nervous breakdown, psychosis, and utter darkness. She turned to the field of psychology in the hope it might shed light on her self-defeating behavior. While her studies provided many answers, they did t lead to peace. Finally, she embarked upon a spiritual journey that led her to A Course in Miracles. Once she began to reach out with love, her life changed dramatically.
- Author(s)Irene Snow
- Date of Publication24/05/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.