All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe world needs a new ecomy. In spite of tremendous and growing material prosperity, inequality is on the rise and the current organization of the Earth's natural resources has failed to address the basic human needs of billions of people. This book exposes the bottlenecks of the present path of ecomic growth and discusses the main path to alternatives. In spite of undeniable advances, all evidence points towards the growing depletion of the very ecosystems that societies depend on. By placing ethics squarely in the middle of ecomic life, this book demonstrates the need for a new ecomy, one that fosters unity between society, nature, ecomics and ethics. It questions the most important scientific and political pillar that forms the basis for evaluating social resource use: ecomic growth. Written in a n-specialist language, this book is an introduction to the main issues involving sustainable development. It will be essential reading for both students and professionals working in the field of socio-environmental responsibility.
- Author BiographyRicardo Abramovay is Professor in the Department of Economics, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Author(s)Ricardo Abramovay
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.