All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $17.11
About this product
- DescriptionGive yourself a gift. Listen to rewned spiritual guide Henri Nouwen reflect on the struggles in facing death, particularly when it comes kcking unexpectedly. After his recovery from an accident in which his spleen was ruptured, Nouwen realizes he's very much alive, but to what purpose? In this search for meaning, his main questions become: Why am I alive? Why wasn't I found ready to enter the house of God? Why was I returned to a place where love is so ambiguous, where peace is so hard to experience and joy so deeply hidden in sorrow? In this book, Nouwen examines his accident, his call in life and his attitudes toward others. His perspective on death changes as he realizes the doors to eternity are a part of living each day in the expectation of a new birth. Nouwen shares that the most difficult aspect of surviving his close brush with death is the blend of his continued yearning for the God of love, which comes with a need to share that love with others, and the gnawing sense of being unfulfilled. Nothing erases that anguish but to surrender in life as the beloved child of God.
- Author BiographyHENRI J.M. NOUWEN is one of the most prolific and popular spiritual writers of our time. He wrote more than 40 books and taught at the University of Notre Dame, as well as Yale and Harvard. For the 10 years before his death in 1996, he was part of the L Arche Daybreak community in Toronto, sharing life with people with developmental disabilities. For more information about Nouwen, visit www.HenriNouwen.org.
- Author(s)Henri J M Nouwen
- PublisherServant Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbour
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintServant Books
- Weight104 g
- Width164 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byPaul Smith
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.