Beyond the Podium: Delivering Training and Performance to a Digital World by Kendra Sheldon, Allison Rossett (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.08+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAre you up to speed on the new directions in training and development? The digital age is infiltrating the training profession faster than most of us can stay breast of it. Beyond the Podium , winner of the ISPI Book Award, will get you up to speed while also refreshing your understanding of the fundamentals. With a focus on the questions you're asking, Rossett and Sheldon open your eyes to the possibilities that are emerging - or already exist - as organizations move into new techlogies and performance improvement. They examine the opportunities presented by e-learning, informal learning, independent learning, kwledge management, globalization, object-oriented design, wireless techlogies, and more; while revisiting what makes great training, how to do an analysis, and evaluation strategies and tools. In Beyond the Podium , Rossett and Sheldon redefine the nature and function of training and trainers as they offer: a tour of the possibilities; a guide to professional development; a focus on the questions you and others have; a wealth of featured interviews with experts in the field; varied and rich examples. Beyond the Podium will challenge, teach, excite, and inspire you. Most importantly, it will help you envision and build for the future - and get there fast! Visit the web site that accompanies this book and discover the elements of effective training, what other trainers are talking about, and much more!
- Author BiographyALLISON ROSSETT is professor of educational technology at San Diego State University and a consultant in the design, development, and evaluation of performance and training systems. She has coached and advised business and government leaders, managed corporate contracts and federal and state grants, and presented keynote speeches in the United States and abroad. Rossett is the author of three award--winning books, including First Things First: A Handbook for Performance Analysis (Jossey--Bass/Pfeiffer, 1999) and its Website, www.jbp.com/rossett.html. SHELDON KENDRA is a writer and performance consultant living in San Diego, California. With a background in media, technology, and education, Kendra has had work appear in local television, radio, and new media publications.
- Author(s)Allison Rossett,Kendra Sheldon
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/05/2001
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight627 g
- Width180 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.