All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a blueprint for a new interdisciplinary approach that decompartmentalizes disciplines for the study of this district of the Achaemenid Empire including Syria, Phoenicia, Palestine and Cyprus. Remarkable cultural evolutions and changes in this area need closer study: the introduction of coinage and the coin ecomy, the sources of tension over problems of power and identity, the emergence of city-states similar to the Greek city type, the development of mercenary armies, the opening up of the Western fringe of the Persian Empire to the Greek world. Completely new research initiatives can extensively modify the vision that classical and oriental specialists have traditionally formed of the history of the Persian Empire.
- Author BiographyJosette Elayi is Chargee de recherche at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and editor of Transeuphratene. Josette Elayi is Chargee de recherche at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and editor of Transeuphratene. Jean Sapin is Charge de recherche at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and editor of Transeuphratene.
- Author(s)Jean Sapin,Josette Elayi
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleJournal for the Study of the Old Testament Supplement S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 250.
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheffield Academic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.