All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
About this product
- DescriptionA gripping journey into the heart of Native American legend, Beyond the Western Sun follows the epic struggle of Whisper, a young female Cherokee apprentice, on a harrowing adventure into the Land of the Dead to save the captive son of Ian Diavya. Together they face insurmountable odds, conquer terrible demons, and in the process, find a strength and courage within themselves neither knew possible. What they don't kw is that these early adventures are only tests, for to save Ian's son, they must also stop the evil-minded Raven-Eater from unleashing his Army of the Dead to destroy the living world. As the Army of the Dead marches closer to the Western Sun, as Whisper leads them deeper into the Land of the Dead, and as the truth behind Cole's death is slowly revealed, Ian discovers that the fate of both worlds depends on his courage, his humility, and the life of his son. An epic saga of hope, redemption, and undying love, Beyond the Western Sun is what all fantasy adventures must strive to be: a complex, intricate examination of human emotion set within the context of worlds kwn only in our imagination. And in this regard, Beyond the Western Sun is a stunning achievement. Melding fantasy and legend in an epic quest, the third vel of her young career signals the arrival of Kristina Circelli as a master storyteller. Creating the indelible character of Whisper, vividly portraying the worlds that she and Ian must traverse to accomplish their goal, and capturing their human frailties, hopes and fears with depth and touching sincerity, Circelli reminds us with stunning precision the greatness we are all capable of, and the heavy price our actions can rend.
- Author BiographyKristina Circelli is the author of two published novels, The Helping Hands and The Iron Fist: Legacy of the Helping Hands. A descendent of the Cherokee nation, Circelli holds both a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in English from the University of North Florida. Her latest novel, Beyond the Western Sun, is steeped in the spoken narratives of Native American lore, and is at once a gripping story of a father's love and his search for redemption as well as a written record of a Nation's belief system. Part adventure, part myth, and altogether riveting, the third novel from Kristina Circelli signifies the emergence of an important voice in Native American literature. From her extraordinary ability to vividly create heretofore-unknown worlds to her engaging prose, Circelli's Beyond the Western Sun is a landmark novel from one of the freshest new voices in all of contemporary American fiction.
- Author(s)Kristina Circelli
- PublisherKristina Circelli
- Date of Publication19/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKristina Circelli
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.