All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionLuftwaffe aces explain their tactics and relate their experiences during the bloody campaign kwn as the Defence of the Reich. Their missions changed from waiting for the short-range Allied fighter escorts to turn back before attacking the bomber formations, to see-saw battles for aerial supremacy against long-range P-51s defending US heavy bomber streams. The story - based on personal accounts and official records from both sides - is predominantly that of the Bf 109's struggle to defeat the US Eighth Air Force (although latterly both the 'mediums' of the US Ninth Air Force and the 'heavies' of RAF Bomber Command were also active by day over Germany).
- Author BiographyArguably the finest profile artist in the business, John Weal's love of German aircraft makes his work a treat for students of the subject. He has written several Aircraft of the Aces volumes, and two books on the Ju 87 in the companion series Combat Aircraft.
- Author(s)John Weal
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/02/2006
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleAircraft of the Aces
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 68
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note90 b/w illustrations, 32 colour illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Weal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.