All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.58
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
About this product
- DescriptionBhakti is a remarkable feature and tendency of human existence having to do with one's devoted involvement with a person, object, deity, or creative project. In Bhakti and Philosophy, R. Raj Singh traces the larger meanings and roles of bhakti as it historically emerged in some of the well-kwn thought systems of India, such as Vedanta and Buddhism, with a special focus on the seminal texts such as the Vedas, Upanishads, the Bhagvadgita, the Bhakti sutras and the Buddhist sutras. The book specifically outlines the connection between bhakti and philosophy, a connection hitherto missed in most studies on bhakti, which happen to focus on the religious dimension as opposed to the secular and existential meanings of this pivotal tendency. The value of this work lies t only in its substantive contribution to philosophy and religious studies, but also in advancing our understanding of bhakti as a universal tendency and a vital component in resolving the ever-enigmatic philosophical problem stated in the simple question what is love?
- Author BiographyR. Raj Singh is professor of philosophy at Brock University.
- Author(s)R. Raj Singh
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication31/08/2006
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width165 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.