All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this pioneering work of systematic research, Meyer demonstrates in detail how Bach quoted and alluded to the text of Luther's German Bible in his liturgical libretti. Compiled with the interests of both scholar and performer in mind, this volume supplements the fundamental understanding of the liturgical functions of these cantatas of Bach, as well as providing a resource for further theological, musical, and linguistic study.
- Author BiographyUlrich Meyer, a respected German Bach scholar, has contributed many articles to such journals as Musik und Kirche, Die Musikforschung, and Bach-Jahrbuch, and is founding member of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft fur theologische Bachforschung.
- Author(s)Ulrich Meyer
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/05/1997
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleStudies in Liturgical Musicology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width148 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.