All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionMinutes outside of the Hub bicyclists of all ages can enjoy historic villages, beautiful seashore and countryside. Featuring 22 rides, many with variations, Bicycling on Boston's North Shore is the perfect guide for cyclists of all ages and abilities: for families with children, for university students wanting to explore off campus, and for power riders looking for a scenic workout. There are rides as short as seven miles as well as challenging itineraries approaching 50 miles. Since most trips begin at MBTA commuter rail stations, most are easily accessible-even to those without cars. Each chapter begins with a short introduction to the terrain to be covered, plus a description of such highlights as historic sites, great views, and essential stops-including rest rooms and ice cream parlors. Ride itineraries are concise, with mileage and landmarks provided. The guide's ease of use is enhanced by the clear maps hand-drawn by calligrapher R.P. Hale. Whether you live there or are just visiting, Bicycling on Boston's North Shore is the best guide to cycling the region.
- Author BiographyRoger Turner has been a life-long cyclist and learned early on that seeing the world from over the handlebars of a bicycle was a great way to view life. Turner incorporated this love of cycling with a love for writing in 2002 when he wrote Bicycling with Kids in DownEast Maine, published by Nicolin Fields Publishing. He lives in Bedford, New Hampshire with his wife, and their two children.
- Author(s)Roger Turner
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication31/07/2007
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of New England
- Content Note27 B & W illus., 23 maps
- Weight259 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.