All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new vel from the Orange Prize-winning author of We Need to Talk About Kevin. Pandora has looked up to her older brother Edison since they were children. Now she revels in the anymity of her suburban Iowa life, while her brother basks in the limelight as a New York jazz musician. But when Edison arrives in Iowa, suddenly in need of a place to stay, Pandora literally doesn't recognize him. The once slim, hip pianist has gained hundreds of pounds. What happened? Soon Edison's appalling diet and kw-it-all mologues are driving Pandora and her husband Fletcher insane. And it's only a matter of time before Fletcher delivers his wife an ultimatum, it's him or me. With Shriver's distinctive wit and ferocious energy, Big Brother t only examines why we overeat, but asks more pressingly still: just how much should you sacrifice for someone who refuses to be saved?
- Author BiographyLionel Shriver's novels include the National Book Award finalist So Much for That, the New York Times bestseller The Post-Birthday World, and the international bestseller We Need to Talk About Kevin. Her journalism has appeared in the Guardian and the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and many other publications. She lives in London and Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Lionel Shriver
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Borough Press
- Weight300 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.52Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $15.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.